Natracare Tampons come in Regular and Super (normal to heavy periods).
Why chose natracare?
- 100% Organic cotton (nothing else!)
- Chlorine free
- No rayon, plastics or dyes
- Biodegradable & compostable
- Expands widthways
The Natracare tampon without applicator is made from a rolled wadding of 100% organic cotton. As the cotton gently absorbs the menstrual flow, the tampon expands widthways. Unlike the applicator style, this tampon is inserted using your longest finger which tucks into the flared end of the tampon to enable the tampon to be pushed into place. Deciding between an applicator and non-applicator tampon is generally a matter of personal preference.
About 20% of women naturally have a retroverted uterus (the uterus tilts backwards towards the spine instead of forwards) and using an inflexible applicator can cause pain during insertion. The Natracare non-applicator tampon, gently eased into the correct position using the longer index finger, makes inserting the tampon more comfortable. The organic cotton withdrawal cord allows you to easily remove the tampon after use.
What about Toxic Shock Syndrome?
Independent research, conducted at New York University Medical School, suggests that the use of 100% cotton tampons may reduce the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome compared with tampons that contain rayon. Natracare 100% cotton tampons were included in this research, and in the tests they did not produce the bacteria which leads to Toxic Shock Syndrome. All brands containing rayon did produce the bacteria.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer returns, refunds or exchanges for personal hygeine products such as cups, pads, tampons and sponges. If you are having trouble picking, read the help guide in the FAQ, or feel free to get in touch to discuss. If you have already purchased a cup and are having some trouble, get in touch as it might be an easy fix :)
- Orders are processed during business hours Mon - Fri, orders placed over the weekend will be dispatched Monday morning.
- All orders are sent in discreet packaging; customs clearance forms for overseas orders do not mention anything about menstruation or lubricant.
- Orders are sent via courier (orders to PO Boxes sent via NZ Post), $5 nationwide.
- Rural Delivery is $10
- Orders to Australia are sent via NZ Post, $12
- Orders to the Pacific Islands are sent via NZ Post, $15