Natracare Applicator Tampons come in Regular and Super (normal to heavy periods).
Why chose natracare?
- 100% Organic cotton (nothing else!)
- Chlorine free
- No rayon, plastics or dyes
- Biodegradable & compostable
- Smooth, easy glide cardboard applicator
- Expands lengthways
The Natracare smooth, easy glide cardboard applicator helps with the insertion of the tampon. The material used to make this biodegradable applicator tube is totally chlorine-free. The organic cotton wadding of the Natracare applicator tampon is designed to expand lengthways, elongating as the menstrual flow is gently absorbed. The organic cotton withdrawal cord allows you to easily remove the tampon after use.
The applicator tubes of many brands are often made from plastic. One of the chemical groups found in plastic are phthalates, which can be absorbed through the skin. Disposal of these plastic products contributes to global marine pollution.
What about Toxic Shock Syndrome?
Independent research, conducted at New York University Medical School, suggests that the use of 100% cotton tampons may reduce the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome compared with tampons that contain rayon. Natracare 100% cotton tampons were included in this research, and in the tests they did not produce the bacteria which leads to Toxic Shock Syndrome. All brands containing rayon did produce the bacteria.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer returns, refunds or exchanges for personal hygeine products such as cups, pads, tampons and sponges. If you are having trouble picking, read the help guide in the FAQ, or feel free to get in touch to discuss. If you have already purchased a cup and are having some trouble, get in touch as it might be an easy fix :)
- Orders are processed during business hours Mon - Fri, orders placed over the weekend will be dispatched Monday morning.
- All orders are sent in discreet packaging; customs clearance forms for overseas orders do not mention anything about menstruation or lubricant.
- Orders are sent via courier (orders to PO Boxes sent via NZ Post), $5 nationwide.
- Rural Delivery is $10
- Orders to Australia are sent via NZ Post, $12
- Orders to the Pacific Islands are sent via NZ Post, $15